Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Mikkeller & Brewdog - I Harcore You

Two breweries that never disappoint in quality came together to make a premium pour. Mikkeller's I Beat You and Brewdog's Hardcore IPA got together, added more dry hops into the magic, and out popped I Hardcore you, a 9.5% Imperial India Pale Ale.

The slightly cloudy deep amber body compliments the large tannish head. Strikingly heavy on the nose are notes of pine (duh, from all of the dry hopping), citrus and a light honey sweetness. The flavors open from the nose into grapefruit, orange marmalade, pine needles, warm caramel, rich toffee, sticky honey, and even some tropical fruit sweetness (think mango and pineapple). All of these think flavors give this beer a creamy, carbonated, even somewhat sticky mouth feel.

P.S. The attitude/emotion of the label art is reminiscent of the feel this beer gives. Relationships.. who needs them, when I can get my hands on this beer (don't tell my boyfriend I said this). haha. OR, what better way to spend time sharing in something wonderful with your significant other, eh?

9.8/10 - high for me considering the hoppiness of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment